Sunday, February 1, 2009

The blues



I've been feeling a bit down the past few days. I am not sure if it's because I haven't been sleeping enough, but I get angry quickly and sad just as fast. The tragedy of teen years!! Anyway, I've been pretty busy lately with lots of things. I am too lazy to go into details right now....sorry.

Anyway, I tried my hand at painting today. It was simple water colour which wasn't extremely well, I assure you. My lines aren't precise, the colors are bad, and the overall features are poor, but it's my best so far. It was a portrait of Nathan as a baby. I found a picture of him and decided it was something I wanted to paint. I have always wished to have my mother's gift of painting, drawing, and writing, but I don't think I've quite inherited it. I only got a corner of it, which, I know, is better then nothing. So the portrait was average. I am positive thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of people can do as well as I did, but it is my own, so I'll treasure it. I have sketched two drawings of people. Just to put in, portraits and people are more of my style. I am not good at landscapes, although I do love them. Okay, well, I have sketched two drawings previously on a whim. They were both from magazines (Brio) and I don't think they are very nice. I prefer the painted because there is colour in it, and shading is everything, I've found out. I used to wonder how people could make things look so real. I have figured it out: shading. I am happy to say that I can now draw a decent nose on a person, and almost as well, I can draw lips. I used to be horrible at both! I am also learning how to not make people's eyes gigantic. I tend to do that. hehe.

I don't think I'll ever take an art class or buys books on art, but I will continue to do it as a hobby. Specializing in something is not my goal right now. Simply finding out what I enjoy and have a knack for, that is it for now. Also, I thought I might add that we went to a few art galleries the other day. This might have been the reason for my sudden inspiration to paint.

Sadly, the more I try new things the more I find out that I am not amazingly good at one thing. I am not great at drawing, writing, playing guitar, gardening, or school. I need to work at anything I do, to exceed averageness. In most things I am horribly average. I don't think it's a bad thing, I just hope, one day, to find something I am talented at. Talent is so beautiful! I know that God has given a certain talent to all of us, so I'm hoping He will reveal mine to me in His perfect timing! Kimberly~
The camera that took this picture was surely a good one. I love the detail of this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment