Thursday, June 11, 2009

Above is the replacement nut, below is the original nut still waiting to be taken out.
The new nut and abalone inlays arrived two days ago. Just yesterday Kimberly and I put all
eight new abalone inlays in for the acoustic. Today I changed the strings on the electric. Wow- it sounds so much improved compared to before. The strings were for acoustic or electric guitar. I play acoustic more than electric so the strings felt more comfortable, better tension, and thicker sound.


This is the acoustic guitar. I have not replaced any inlays on the electric, yet.


As you can see we made a few nicks and dents, but overall I think the guitar looks great. Also Kimberly and I learned how to better replace inlays next time. I love custom.

This post was all guitar wasn't it? Well on the flip side, I just finish the book This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti. Not only did I thoughly enjoy it, but the spiritual message is inspiring and awakening. I was so engrossed in this book that today I almost didn't notice we had an accident while driving to Waimea- and no I wasn't driving. And also I wasn't reading the time I could of had an accident when driving home from Puako- We are all safe so please don't worry. I am still driving though ( I'm not worrying abou that but you can).Joking, joking. This book rocks. Nuff said. (try that on a book report)

No comments:

Post a Comment